How many times has it happened to you that they recommend a cream for your skin, and it turns out it’s not as incredible as they described it? We tend to recommend what works for us, but we never consider the other person’s skin type; we probably don’t even know our own. There are several tips you can follow, depending on your skin type, to have a young, attractive and soft skin.
There are five types of skin; normal, dry, oily, a combination of various types and sensitive skin. It is because of these different skin types that a specific care routine is necessary for each of us.
First of all, there is a quick and easy way to find your skin type. Just when you wake up, take a facial wipe (maybe a piece of paper too) and wipe it down your face.
If your skin is normal, the wipe will not have traces of oil, you should wake up with your skin in perfect condition. This skin type is the least problematic of all. Your skin looks clean and smooth, because it has good circulation and a healthy complexion. It is important for you to know that even though it is a very healthy skin, you should take care of it and nourish it regularly.
- In the morning, refresh your face with a tonic astringent and moisturize with a non-greasy cream. Preferably, it uses natural products, without petroleum products.
- Before you go to sleep, wash your face with a milk soap so that it doesn’t dry your face.
- Once a week, try using a mask to rejuvenate your skin.
- It uses products based on grape seed oil, jojoba oil; they are oils that protect against ultraviolet rays, preventing stains and wrinkles.
- Also try argan oil, an oil with anti-aging properties to help keep your skin balanced and moisturized.
If your skin is dry, the wipe will be as clean as normal skin, but your face will feel dry, scaly and tight, and this type of skin is very prone to premature aging, irritations and fine pores. What your skin needs is proper hydration, not to mention much greater care.
- Use natural products based on shea butter or extra virgin coconut oil; these oils help retain moisture in the skin and because they are anti-inflammatory, remove redness.
- Use milk baths or herbal infusions to wash your face, because the water jet may be irritating your skin.
- Get a moisturizing cream and apply before bedtime and just in the morning.
In case you have oily skin, your towelette will appear with greasy spots, probably on your cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. The problem with this type of skin is that it tends to look thick, shiny and with large pores, which tends to have an acne tendency. The advantage we have with this skin type is that it does not promote aging or wrinkles, woo!
The disadvantage is that to care for it you need the opposite of dry skin, and that is to focus your care on eliminating excess fat instead of applying so many products.
- Wash your face at least 2 or 3 times a day.
- Use specific products for oily skin to avoid overloading your skin.
- After bathing, apply cold water to your face to close joints and avoid blackheads.
- You may think that if you have oily skin, applying oil is forbidden; let me tell you that it is not. Tea tree oil is just right for you, as it has properties that help reduce acne.
Combination of Skin Types
This is the skin type of most women, because in this case your face will have fat on the forehead, nose and chin; but it will be dry on the cheeks. The care of this skin type is to apply dry skin methods to the cheeks and oily skin methods in the T-zone listed above.
This skin type will be very dry, easily irritated and tends to have other problems such as psoriasis, allergies, itching and red spots. It is a fragile skin, so it needs special care.
- Try not to use commercial products containing petroleum chemicals, choose natural products.
- Take care of your diet, because it influences your skin. A balanced diet will help with your problem; also avoid processed foods.
- Use sunscreen daily, whether you are exposed to direct sunlight or not.
- The oil for you is avocado oil, because it is a high oil in vitamin E, omega 3, which helps the proper functioning of your cells and decreases inflammation.